Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chestnuts' Custom: Queen Chrysalis

Chestnuts' Custom: Repaints are Copouts


My fourth custom pony, Chrysalis, Queen of the Changlings. I decided to go for a darker take than I'd seen done before on her and unfortunately my phone's camera doesn't like this. It may sound slightly big headed to say but the camera really doesn't do this figure justice, in natural daylight her crown, which is painted green then coated with clear green paint will appear green and the wings will be transparent.. she's easily my favourite so far and by far the hardest yet.

The little holes in her legs were done using a compass spike I heated up with a 1300° lighter, one of those "what if..?" moments that paid off, always the best! :)

Queen Chrysalis


Before


After






No comments:

Post a Comment